How often should you feed a Yorkie?

As I have already written - I am not an expert, but I have already noticed that my dog prefers to eat small portions of food but more often, rather than bigger, but once a day. She is 7 months old now. I have decided to do a little research and to find out about feeding recommendations. What I have found out is that: "A practical guideline is that puppies should be fed three times a day from weaning* (3-6 weeks) to 6 months of age. After 6 months, they should be fed twice a day." To find out more from the source click here So, ok, it is what I have intuitively beedn doing so far. I feed her twice a day and I also make sure that in the meantime there is dry dog food in her bowl as well. The last meal should be given to your dog around 3 hours before bedtime, but we all know how difficult it is to make. I cook now for my dog some meat - liver - and I will mix it with some rice and maybe some canned corn. It is easy to cook for your dog because, anyway, you basically use the same ingredients as for your own meals. When thinking about how much food should you give to your dog, you should take into consideration the following factors: - age of your dog - its size - amount of daily activity and generally your dog's lifestyle (is your dog a "coach potato" ? I hope not!:-) - your dog's individual properties like metabolism Observe your dog and adjust the portions and do not over-feed your dog, it is like with people, it is easy to put on some weight, but later to lose it.... it is so much harder. If you have noticed that your dog has gained some weight recently try to decrease the amount of food you give to it and increase the level of daily activity. Outdoors activity is really healthy! * withdrawing the supply of its mother's milk

Comments